Boulevard Classic 34
- 34 Strings, 4¾ octaves
- Laminated birch soundbox
- Comfortable staveback design
- Concert-tension gut strings
- Full set of Loveland sharping levers
- Removable stand included
- Deluxe case included
The 34-string Boulevard was designed with classical players and students in mind, and is quite different in feel and sound from our other harps. The tone is warm and full and the higher-tension concert gut strings provide a shorter sustain than the “typical” Dusty Strings sound. This makes the Boulevard an ideal choice for classical repertoire and for players and students who want a feel similar to that of a pedal harp. It also sometimes appeals to harpists who simply like a less bright sound than our other harps.
Based on our popular Ravenna 34, the Boulevard features the same innovative and affordable construction technique, the comfortable staveback body, and the easily removable stand. We designed it to be as lightweight and portable as possible in a full-range harp, without sacrificing the quality of the hardware or the construction. The package includes a full set of Loveland sharping levers, tuning wrench, stand and CD34 case.
The four-legged stand is quickly and easily removable without needing to turn the harp over, and comes apart to fit in the case pocket. It includes 5-inch legs, but 8-inch legs can be substituted if you prefer the harp to be situated higher up.
The case is made of durable, water-resistant cordura with thick foam padding, a convenient shoulder strap and a multitude of pockets for your stand, music, extra strings and other accessories.
Price: $2995 Includes CD34 case, stand with 5-inch legs and T-handle tuning wrench.
The Dusty Harp Pickup installed
Drop-down leg for on-the-go playing
- 34 strings
- 4¾ octaves
- Low: C two octaves below middle C
- High: A 2¾ octaves above middle C
- High treble range: nylon monofilament
- Lower treble and mid-range: concert gut
- Bass: steel core with metal wrap
- Full set of Loveland levers
- Soundboard: laminated Finland birch with clear finish
- Neck and pillar: solid beech with black lacquer finish
- Soundbox: laminated Finland birch with black ash-grained vinyl veneer
- Harp: approximately 21pounds
- Stand adds 3 pounds
- Case adds 7½ pounds
Note: the weight can vary by up to 2 pounds, depending on the density of the particular tree from which the harp was made.
- Height at back of harp: 43 inches
- Height at front of harp: 48½ inches
- Stand adds 5, 8, or 11½ inches
- Maximum soundbox width: 13 inches
- Widest part of harp (front to back): 25½ inches
Reviews & Testimonials
There are no ratings yet.
"LOVE the harp! My previous harp was a 36-string floor lever harp with metal and nylon strings. Making the transition from nylon to gut was a good move for me. I like the shorter sustain, grip, higher tension, and sound of the gut strings. The compact size of the Boulevard was an added bonus too. Thanks for making such a harp!"
"I have to take the time here to shout the praises of the very new Boulevard, which was seriously impressive and had the same magic about it as the FH, despite being in the Ravenna price range."
-Mae McAllister (Cambridgeshire, UK)