Purchasing & Customer Service
Local small business seeks new team member to do purchasing, receiving, and customer service. For 38 years, Dusty Strings has been building musical instruments in Seattle with an emphasis on quality craftspersonship, helpful customer service, and a positive and collaborative work environment. Our new co-worker will be part of our office/customer service team, with additional responsibilities related to purchasing and receiving.
- Sourcing new parts and materials
- Counting and reconciling inventory and initiating reorders
- Keeping us running smoothly by tracking past history and anticipating future needs
- Communicating with vendors and co-workers to keep everyone in the loop
- Coordinating and helping with occasional large deliveries (includes lifting and carrying)
- Receiving supplies, evaluating them for quality, and checking specifications
- Running occasional errands to pick up items from local vendors
- Taking orders and answering customer questions by phone & email
- Being the point of contact for customers and co-workers about instruments that are in the shop for repair
- Other assorted tasks (as a small company, we all wear many hats!)
- Knowledge of and passion for music and musical instruments
- Purchasing experience
- Repair shop or tech support experience
- Ability to provide helpful and courteous customer service to internal and external customers
- Proficiency with computers, numbers and administrative systems
- Desire to learn about how things work
- Strong initiative and self-managing skills
- Inquisitive problem solver
- Detail oriented
Benefits include vacation, paid leave, health & dental, positive work environment, and the opportunity to play and learn about harps and hammered dulcimers!
Please send us a fully completed application form and resume, as well as a cover letter telling us why you would enjoy working here, and what skills and experience you can contribute. Salary is dependent on experience.
You may email application materials to [email protected], mail them to the address below, or apply in person at the same address Mon-Fri, 9:00-4:30. No phone calls, please.
3450 16th Ave W, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98119
We are happy to take applications for any position, even when we have no current openings. We like knowing who's available and what their skills are. If you'd like to put an application on file with us, you can download one from the links below. If possible, we prefer that applications be submitted in person.
- Woodworker (Workshop)
- Instrument Technician (Workshop)
- Office (Workshop)
- Shipper (Workshop)
- Purchasing (Workshop)
- Instrument Repair (Music store and school)
- Retail Sales (Music store and school)
Dusty Strings is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/enthnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.