- 34 strings, 4¾ octaves
- Solid wood construction in choice of 5 woods
- Full set of Loveland sharping levers
- Removable stand included
- Deluxe case included
The FH34, our compact 4¾-octave, solid wood harp delivers brightness, depth and clarity, and has a great playing range. This harp will satisfy both the professional and the beginner with its resonance and power, and will please the most discerning eye with a tasteful display of fine woodworking.
This harp is the same overall size as its well-loved 32-string predecessor, but now goes down to the low C in the bass. For playing comfort, we've added facets on the upper corners of the back. This "hybrid staveback" design provides the ergonomic benefits of our popular 36-string staveback harp at a portion of the cost.
To keep the carrying size down, the FH34 includes an innovative stand that has removable feet and nestles into the base of the harp, attaching in seconds with the twist of a knob and without needing to turn the harp upside down. The harp can also sit on the ground without the stand for those who like a lower height.
Figured cherry: $5675
Includes CD34 case, stand and custom tuning wrench.
Please note that your harp will not look exactly like the photos you see here. Because wood is a natural material, and the color and grain vary from tree to tree, each harp we build is unique.
- 34 strings
- 4¾ octaves
- Low: C two octaves below middle C
- High: A 2¾ octaves above middle C
- Treble and upper mid-range: nylon monofilament
- Lower mid-range: nylon core with nylon wrap
- Bass: steel core with metal wrap
- Full set of Loveland levers included
- Camac levers available
- Sides, back, neck and pillar: sapele, walnut, maple, figured cherry or bubinga
- Soundboard: solid mahogany in the mid and upper ranges and spruce in the bass, overlaid with book-matched figured hardwood veneer and bordered with purfling and edge binding
- Sapele: approximately 20 pounds
- Walnut: approximately 19 pounds
- Maple: approximately 22 pounds
- Figured cherry: approximately 20 pounds
- Bubinga: approximately 25 pounds
- Stand adds 3 pounds
- Case adds 7½ pounds
Note: the weight can vary by up to 2 pounds, depending on the density of the particular tree from which the harp was made.
- Height at back of harp: 44 inches
- Height at front of harp: 48 inches
- Stand adds 5 inches
- Maximum soundbox width: 13½ inches
- Widest part of harp (front to back): 27½ inches
Reviews & Testimonials
KimSep 13, 2021All I can say is WOW! I received my FH34 in Cherry about three weeks ago and it has completely changed the way I play. I was playing a pedal tension strung harp and I am amazed at how much faster I can play now. The sound on the FH34 is much easier to create and so lovely. It makes my other harp sound dull. My hands are happier now since there is much less effort required to create beautiful music. And the pain my hands were experiencing is gone also. The FH34 seems to me to have the ability to tell a story with music. What a wonderful instrument! i am SO glad I decided to switch to a folk harp! Thank you Dusty Team!
LynnJul 11, 2021I received my walnut FH34 about 2 months ago and I grow to love her more each day. The sound is so soothing and I enjoy the vibrations I feel when playing her (that's what drew me to her in the first place!). In addition to the lovely sound, the workmanship is outstanding. I look forward to playing and cherishing this instrument for years to come. Thank you for crafting such a beautiful harp for me -- I couldn't be happier!
HelenAug 23, 2018I have just received my FH34 walnut harp with Celtic knot. I am over the moon with the quality and craftsmanship. She is stunning! However it is not just her looks, the sound is amazing and so responsive. I cannot thank you all enough for creating such an instrument. I can't quite believe she is mine!
"This harp is like a whole orchestra!"
-Iris Nevins, trying out an FH34 in cherry at the Somerset Harp Conference