Dusty Harp Tool Kit
This handy custom kit of tools lets a Dusty harp owner manage all their harp adjusting needs - from replacing strings and lever cams to regulating Loveland levers. Slip it into your case pocket along with your tuning wrench, and impress your friends when you pull it out to tighten a lever or regulate your harp! It's also a great gift for any tool-lover who wants to support a family member's harp habit.
This kit is intended for Dusty harps that have Loveland levers, and were built after early 2001, with hexagonal, threaded bridge pins. With these custom-designed tools and the included instructions, regulation and lever adjustments are within easy reach of any handy person wishing for a new level of independence. While instructions for working with round bridge pins are included, the tools needed to adjust them are not.
This is a complete, compact and comfortable-to-use regulation kit, but don't let the price tag deter you from attempting your own regulations! The basic tools can be found at most hardware stores or on our website, and the instruction booklet is also available separately.
The Tool Kit includes:
- Four custom tool tips for adjusting Loveland levers and threaded bridge pins (5/32" nut driver, 3/16" nut driver, 5/32" sidewinder, 7/64" ball-end hex driver)
- Turned hardwood handle with magnetic hex socket, which holds the custom tool tips
- Combination pliers and snips for removing broken strings and cutting string ends
- ¼-inch open end wrench for adjusting and replacing lever cams
- Stiff brush and soft wiping cloth for keeping wood, strings and hardware clean and dust-free
- Starter supply of string splines and leather washers
- Loveland Sharping Lever Installation, Regulation & Adjustment booklet
- Zippered microfiber clutch to keep it all organized and secure
JasonJun 26, 2018I'm very pleased with this tool kit. My only regret is I didn't buy it sooner! Since I perform often with wind instruments, I have my harp tuned to Eb, but because I also play with guitarists and vocalists, I frequently have to travel to tons of different keys which means flipping lots of levers for pretty much every piece I perform. Over the years, my harp fell out of adjustment and a lot of the levers were just too out of tune to ignore any longer.
I worried I may never be able to do anything about the tuning, however, since I don't live anywhere near a harp technician and the expense and inconvenience of shipping my harp was prohibitive.
I would never have imagined regulating my harp myself would be so easy (and dare I say, fun!). It took me about an hour and a half to cover all 34 strings. Thanks to the helpful instruction booklet and having the precise tools for the job, my harp sounds better than ever (in every key!) -- all the muddy/cruddy sound is gone. If you're a harpist who performs in public or who performs with other musicians, you owe it to yourself (and your harp) to own a kit like this! It would have taken eons to assemble all these tools on my own by visiting multiple stores and piecing the kit together myself, plus these tools are very high-quality and the carrying case makes it all worth it. It fits in my harp's case so I can now make adjustments quickly wherever I happen to be.