Shipping & Return Policy
Note: These guidelines apply to accessory orders placed online or over the phone. For specific information on harps or hammered dulcimers, see Ordering Instruments.
- We do our best to maintain stock of all of our items and can usually ship accessory orders within one or two business days. However, we are a small business and sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise (people out sick, etc.). If for some reason we are unable to ship your order within a few days, we will contact you.
- Once shipped, items going to U.S. locations should take a week or less.
- Postal regulations sometimes change without warning. If we are unable to ship an item the way we expected, we will find out the next best option and offer you the choice of paying the difference in shipping cost or cancelling your order and receiving a refund.
- If you have a deadline or would like us to look into expedited shipping options, please call and place your order over the phone.
- Orders over $250 will require a signature on receipt. We will send you tracking information that will tell you when to expect your order. If you choose to waive the signature requirement, you assume responsibility for the package when the shipper leaves it at your door.
Shipping Large Items
- Large items are generally more expensive to ship because shipping services charge for size as well as weight. Because of this, certain items that are heavy or must be shipped in a large box will incur extra shipping charges.
- For shipments within the U.S., there is a $40 flat fee for these items.
- For shipments to other countries: Each country's postal service has its own size limitations, which our online system cannot always account for. We may find out that we cannot ship an item to your country through the mail and must use a more expensive method. If this is the case, we will contact you with the option to pay the extra shipping cost or to cancel your order and receive a refund.
- Shipping times to other countries will vary depending on the destination and the customs process. Be aware that First-Class International mail has no guaranteed time-frame. It is possible (although unusual) for items to take more than a month to reach their destination.
- The shipping cost does not include duties or taxes that your country may charge you when the item arrives.
- We can only track and guarantee mail up to the point at which it reaches your country.
- Strings, books and DVDs are not returnable unless defective, in which case we will gladly exchange them for another of the same item.
- Shipping charges are not refundable.
- Please call us before returning anything!
Shortages or Mistakes
- If you think something is missing from your order or you received the wrong items, please first check the order receipt that was emailed to you. Unfortunately, strings are not returnable if you made a mistake in ordering.
- Please also check through all the packing materials before you discard them, as items are sometimes wrapped up or tucked away to keep them safe in shipping.
- If we are notified within five days of any errors we've made, we will gladly send you what is missing.
For questions, contact us at (206) 634-1656, or toll-free (US only) at (866) 634-1656.